HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Love You {CSI Case File No. 230}

We've got a beautiful new challenge at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration:


I made another page to give to one of my students. Clues I used: Evidence - watercolor, flowers, wood, metal, butterflies, houses, flair badge, rhinestones, phrase stickers; Testimony: Inspiration Word love.


Unfortunately, I forgot to take closeups. That paper behind the white cardstock is a very thin paper that I've had in my stash forever--over ten years. The colors were just perfect for the palette, and I was so happy to finally use it.

I used the packaging technique to add watercolors to the background. I cut the little houses out of a Crate Paper paper from the Cute Girl collection, and the purple flowers were cut out of a Pink Paislee paper from the Oh My Heart collection (paper 13). I think the butterflies are by K&Co. They're pretty old too, as are the paper layers under my photos. That wooden Love was broken, and when I glued it, you couldn't see the break, but it must've shifted somehow as the glue dried. Grrr....

I hope you'll come play with us. We've got a ten awesome sponsors donating prizes:




Photobucket

3 comments:

Jacynthe said...

Such a soft, pleasing colour palette this time around. You're right; that old flowery paper was perfect for the challenge. I love that packaging technique. It creates such pretty watercolour effects without warping the paper (from what I can see). The butterflies, little houses, and small flowers finish off the layout beautifully. Thumbs up ! ☺

Terry's Scrapbooks said...

Love the soft watercolor background. All the embellies come togeather to make such a sweet page.

LisaM said...

Love your background work Debbi! Gorgeous page!
The challenge looks like fun, hoping to play along sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...